Latest Newsletter

November 2018 Newsletter

When in doubt, fill it out

To help ensure that you properly report all of your independent contractor expenses, please click for a blank W-9.   Form W-9 should be filled out by every individual and non-incorporated company that provides service for your company totaling more than $600 for the year.  This includes, but is not limited to the following:

Contract Labor

Cleaning Service

Lawn Service

Repairs and Maintenance Services

Accounting Services

Commission Expenses

Rent Expense

ALL Lawyers and legal services (even if incorporated)

Limited Liability Companies (a company that has “LLC” at the end of its name).



Please keep Form W-9 handy and have all contractors fill it out when you hire them.  Once completed, please forward a copy of the W-9 to our office.  This will help us to provide the necessary 1099’s to you in January.  If the information is not available you may not be able to use the expense as a business deduction.