To help ensure that you properly report all of your contract labor expenses, here is a link to Form W-9.   Form W-9 should be filled out by every individual and non-incorporated company which provides contract labor or other service for your company totaling more than $600 for the year.  This includes, but is not limited to the following:

  •             Contract Labor
  •             Cleaning Service
  •             Lawn Service
  •             Repairs and Maintenance Services
  •             ALL Lawyers and legal services (even if incorporated)
  •             Accounting Services
  •             Commission Expenses
  •             Rent Expense

Please keep Form W-9 handy and have all contractors fill it out when you hire them.  Once completed, please forward a copy of the W-9 to our office.  This will help us to provide the necessary 1099’s to you next January.  If the information is not available you may not be able to use the expense as a business deduction.